test suite feedback/questions

Hi LSB testers,

I've been running the LSB beta test suite grabbed from,

ftp://ftp.xopen.org/pub/lsb/test_suites/beta/

on August 1st. The test system is a base Debian "unstable" install. Here's
some feedback/questions.

- When running "install.sh" I get the following error,
     "*ERROR*: Must have byacc and not bison installed as yacc on the system."
Debian has bison by default. I installed the byacc Debian package which
provides /usr/bin/byacc but not yacc. I resolved this by making a yacc symlink
in my PATH that points to byacc and the install proceeded.  I noticed
LSB.tools/README points this out as well. It would be nice if the install
script just dealt with it or at least gave you reasonable hints as to how to
properly resolve the situation.

- When running /home/tet/setup.sh ...
  - every question is followed by a visable \c.
  - In "Determining missing #defines and #includes ..." I got,
     *** Starting signal.h
     Missing: #define        NSIG    (-1)    /* user supplied:
(highest_signal_n     umber + 1) */
     *** Completed signal.h

- The tests hang on
     "10:29:15  Execute /tset/PTHR.os/procprim/sigwait/T.sigwait"
  a CTRL-C gets past it. Should this test have some sort of timeout?

- Having the "report" formatted for printing by default makes it hard to read
    online. I would like to see the "report" that's created by default
    formatted for online reading and the one formatted for printing called
    "report.killatree" (the "report" of my first run was 714 pages). Even
    better would be HTML where you could click on things in the table to get
    to results.

- LSB.tools/README needs to be updated. In particular,
  - it mentions a utilities that does exist(contains stuff like pax and yacc)
  - it doesn't mention some files in that directory (userintf.c vsxconfig.h)

- (nitpick) Why is vsx0's $HOME "/home/tet/test_sets"?  I assume this was so
that scripts could refer to $HOME by using tilde but it kind of obfuscates and
makes things "hard for humans"(tm).

- As was pointed out before, the presense of a "Linux" parameter file is
misleading. It should be updated or removed ASAP.

Any help/fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation