Errata for Jessie (8.0)
This is a list of known problems in the Jessie (8.0) release of the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem.
- Desktop installations may not work using CD#1 alone
- Due to space constraints on the first CD, not all of the
expected GNOME desktop packages fit on CD#1. For a successful
installation, use extra package sources (e.g. a second CD or a
network mirror) or use a DVD instead.
Status: It is unlikely more efforts can be made to fit more packages on CD#1.
- Powerpc boot messages are out of date
- Bug #783569: powerpc CDs still talk about using the kernel command line to select a desktop, which is now obsolete - use the tasksel menu instead.
- Problems installing more than one desktop task at once
- Bug #783571: It's not possible to install both GNOME and Xfce at the same time. There is a conflict in dependencies that causes package installations to fail.