Errata for Stretch Alpha 3
This is a list of known problems in the Stretch Alpha 3 release of the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem.
- Desktop installations may not work using CD#1 alone
- Due to space constraints on the first CD, not all of the
expected GNOME desktop packages fit on CD#1. For a successful
installation, use extra package sources (e.g. a second CD or a
network mirror) or use a DVD instead.
Status: It is unlikely more efforts can be made to fit more packages on CD#1.
- Theme used in the installer
- There's no Stretch artwork yet, and the installer is still
using the Jessie theme, which might be confusing (#793125).
Status: Worked around in Stretch Alpha 3.
- Boot menus in multi-arch image
- The boot menus of the multi-arch image suffer from some
Rescuemenus are missing for the 32-bit flavours (#793118).
Status: Fixed in Stretch Alpha 2.
- Encrypted installation failures
- A regression in partman-crypto makes it impossible to perform
encryption installations where settings are not set through
Status: Fixed in Stretch Alpha 3.