Errata for Jessie RC 2
This is a list of known problems in the Jessie RC 2 release of the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem.
- Possible hang with DHCPv6 stateful addressing
- Network configuration may hang after the domain prompt if a
DHCPv6 server is present on the network. In this case installation
can be continued by issuing the
kill `pidof dhcp6c`and
kill `pidof udhcpc`commands on the console.
Status: A bug fix for #768188 (which also affects Jessie RC 1) should be merged for Jessie RC 3.
- Network connectivity required during hd-media installs on several armel/armhf/arm64 platforms
- On several armel/armhf/arm64 platforms, hd-media based installs
- use only the first CD/DVD and
- have not been configured to use a network mirror
make the system bootablestep. The reason is that to make the system bootable, those platforms require the
u-boot-toolspackage, which is not available on the first CD/DVD. If a network mirror has been configured during the installation, the missing package is downloaded automatically and the installation succeeds.
Status: A bug fix for #780994 (which also affects Jessie RC 1) should be merged for Jessie RC 3.