Errata for Stretch RC 1
This is a list of known problems in the Stretch RC 1 release of the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem.
- Wired Ethernet non-functional on certain arm-based systems
- The version 4.5 of the Linux kernel (included in the Stretch
Alpha 6 release) introduced a regression in the stmmac/dwmac
results in non-working wired ethernet on a number of systems
whose Ethernet controller is based on the stmmac/dwmac design,
which includes but is not limited to the following systems:
various Olimex A20-Olinuxino models, LeMaker Banana Pi and Banana
Pro, Sinovoip Banana Pi M1, Cubietech Cubieboard2 and Cubietruck,
Status: Should be fixed in the Stretch Alpha 7 release.
- GNOME may fail to start with some virtual machine setups
- It was noticed during Stretch Alpha 4 image testing that
GNOME might fail to start depending on the setup used for virtual
machines. It seems using cirrus as an emulated video chip is fine.
Status: Being investigated.
- Booting with grub from an XFS /boot partition fails
- Grub might have trouble to boot from an XFS partition due to
a feature it doesn't support yet
(#802138). At this
point, it is recommended to use a separate /boot
partition with a different filesystem, which the installer will
likely suggest in a later version. The need for this separate
partition should disappear once proper support is implemented
Status: Should be fixed in the Stretch Alpha 5 release.
- Desktop installations may not work using CD#1 alone
- Due to space constraints on the first CD, not all of the
expected GNOME desktop packages fit on CD#1. For a successful
installation, use extra package sources (e.g. a second CD or a
network mirror) or use a DVD instead.
Status: It is unlikely more efforts can be made to fit more packages on CD#1.
- Theme used in the installer
- There's no Stretch artwork yet, and the installer is still
using the Jessie theme, which might be confusing (#793125).
Status: Fixed in Stretch RC 1.
- Boot menus in multi-arch image
- The boot menus of the multi-arch image suffer from some
Rescuemenus are missing for the 32-bit flavours (#793118).
Status: Fixed in Stretch Alpha 2.
- Encrypted installation failures
- A regression in partman-crypto makes it impossible to perform
encryption installations where settings are not set through
Status: Fixed in Stretch Alpha 3.