ethernet with potatot

Hello,
	I  got your email from Joey Hess.

I think that I have found a bug:

 Simply:

    I installed potato boot disks and it will not listen
 to ethernet with an  3c509 ethernet card.
 It sends ip fine. (lights seen on laptop connector)

 dual boot pc into win95 and it does listena
 and connects to my laptop no problem.

So, How can I work with people to find out what this is and
get it fixed for myself and the distribution.  Also, I had a working
system and was just upgrading to a current potato. (it was a potato from
early versions and was just getting upgraded)

Caveat:
   I was hoping on using the laptop to install the current versions
as I would move the laptop to internet cafe's to pickup the sections
of the distrib that I need. but since the laptop and the desktop do not
speak very well, the desktop is not fully configured yet. It has base
but does not necessaryly yet compile the kernel.
(this is a different problem of how to correctly and quickly upgrade
a machine to be very usable )

--
Matthew Hirsch
Email: mph@dorsai.org            	Sat Nav: 51.51 deg N 0.1' deg W