Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

[...]

    Dale> First, let me say in no uncertain words: "The Social
    Dale> Contract" and "The Debian Free Software Guidelines" are the
    Dale> defining principles of "The Debian Organization". The idea
    Dale> that these principles must, at some point in time, change to
    Dale> meet changing conditions undermines those principles.

Just this: any principle (and I love principles[1]) *must* be
re-evaluable.  We have to be open to criticism (that's a give), even
criticism of our principles.

I have nothing more to add to this flamewar.[2]

Bye, J

[1] I'm both a *very* strong believer in Free Software (I have vrms
running, and I always try to reduce the list (alas, Mozilla is not yet
ready for prime-time)) and a christian anarchist (ask me if you wonder
what that is... it's a christian, basically).

--
Jürgen A. Erhard      eMail: jae@ilk.de      phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html