On 7 Jun 2000, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Paul Martin <pm-deb@nowster.zetnet.co.uk> writes:
>
> > As a non-developer (my application is probably lost somewhere in the old
> > queue) I see this resolution as highly divisive, with very little net
> > benefit at this time. I have failed to see any convincing argument from
> > Mr Robinson.
>
> I'm not a Debian developer and I'm a very long term member of the free
> software community, since about 1987 or so.
>
> As such, and as a Debian user, I have always been bothered by the fact
> that Debian included non-free software, and I think the other side of
> the contract, the free software authors of the world, would like to
> see Debian not give support to our enemies.

   People who release non-DFSG software are not enemies of Debian (unless
they declare themselves to be or act in a similiar manner).  Please
re-read the social contract, point 5.  Debian does not include non-DFSG
software, but we configure it and have it available for users to obtain
conveniently for those who choose this, and it is a choice.

   Adam