John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:

> >  	I think I disagree. I have not found Mozilla to be as yet an
> >  adequatre replacement for netscape; nor can I find something for the
> >  festvox packages, and I certainly would hate to lose angband and
> >  zangband (which are only in non free since they prevent commercial
> >  use; the sources are freely available for modification).
>
> Mozilla ought to be amply ready by the time woody is released.

But it isn't *now*, which is when you are proposing to throw out Netscape.

> Anyway, none of these are shipped with Debian now.  What is the harm
> in not shipping them on our FTP site?

Because a) You can get CDs with non-free on then, which are useful,
b)having them on the ftp site means people can get packaged-up
versions of the non-free software they need/want, knowing that it's
well-maintained and will integrate properly with their system, and
that any problems can be dealt with via the BTS.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."