On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:09:12AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  	Clintonian speech. We are removing all packages, and all BTS
>  support, but we are continuing to support non-DFSG software. Yeah,
>  right.  And when we said we shal support you, we never said for how
>  long. We just meant. we promise to do something until we change
>  our minds.

The implications of this are a bit disturbing.  Essentially, you are
stating that Debian is honor-bound to package and distribute non-free
software for all time, no matter how the circumstances surrounding the
need for non-free change.

In other words, Debian could end up being a *refuge* for non-free
software, if many people's goals for free software come to pass and
free distribution becomes the norm.

Is this what you mean to say?  If not, under what conditions do you
think Debian could stop distributing non-free software?