debian-devel.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de (Marc Haber) writes:

> On 09 Jun 2000 01:52:31 -0500, you wrote:
> >Debian does not ship with Netscape.
>
> I can type "bug netscape" to report a bug. I'll lose that capability
> one netscape has been removed from the archives and the BTS.

Not necessarily.  It wouldn't be hard to hack in a way to direct bugs
elsewhere on a per-package basis.  It could be as simple as having a
file in a directory, or a new field in the control data.

> >Debian is not about non-free  software.
> >Debian is about Free Software.
>
> Debian is about Linux being useable for the average user. We still

No it's not.  That's what Mandrake is about.  Debian is about Free
Softwar.e

> People will laugh at us, as they currently do because we don't have a
> GUI installer. Only next time, they will be correct when they laugh.

They're not laughing at us because of that.  Sure, it would be nice to
have.  But is it necessary?  Not really.

> And it will actually _hurt_ the Free Software community because Debian
> will perish.

You seriously believe that asking users to use a different FTP site
for thheir non-free fix will cause the doom of Debian?!