Re: Clarifications

    Craig> no, it doesn't. our social contract (which is the statement
    Craig> of principles which our constitution is based on)
    Craig> specifically clearly promises that we will provide support
    Craig> and infrastructure for our users who need to use non-free
    Craig> software.

Not to nitpick, but it doesn't say this.  Instead, it says:

"Thus, although non-free software isn't a part of Debian, we support
its use, and we provide infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking
system and mailing lists) for non-free software packages."

There is no 'will' in there.  Interpreting it in the way you have is
not unreasonable, but you should be careful paraphrasing it.

I hope you see that one could just as easily interpret it to mean 'we
currently provide' instead of 'we will always provide'.

I think this General Resolution is about clarifying that paricular
point.  Should Debian always provide non-free software?  I think even
if one answers that question 'yes', one has to consider the negative
consequences of having it written into the Social Contract itself.