Re: Clarifications

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 11:08:16AM +0100, Martin Keegan wrote:
> > The Debian system does not contain non-free now.  How many times do I
> > have to repeat this?  The Debian system does not contain non-free.
> To all intents and purposes, the Debian system contains non-free software.

This would be inconsistent with the social contract:

] We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs that
] don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have created
] "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP archive for this software.
] The software in these directories is not part of the Debian system,
] although it has been configured for use with Debian.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark