Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> yes, it is vandalism. it is senseless destruction, and those who are
> proposing it ought to hang their heads in shame. it is a vicious,
> vindictive, and malicious attack against debian, debian users, and
> debian developers.

It is not possible to vandalize something you own, no matter how
senseless an act may be.  If Debian chooses to destroy non-free, no
matter how horribly, it is not vandalism, by definition.

> what is so hard to understand about the phrases "if you don't like
> non-free, then don't use it" and "don't inflict your 'morality' on
> everyone else, leave other people to make their own choices"?

Not much.  Maybe if we could convince the authors of non-free of this,
then we wouldn't need it.  After all, it is the fact that they have
noisome restrictions that causes the problem.