Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

    Chip> I'm making the point that lots of DFSG-free software isn't
    Chip> RMS-free.  So once zealots have lopped off non-free and
    Chip> contrib, what's next?  I believe that they won't stop until
    Chip> everything non-GPL is gone.

I understand it is difficult to hold long discussions about a topic as
sensitive as this one, but I hope you don't seriously believe this.
TeX and the X Window System are both examples of non-copyleft free
software that are included in GNU.  (If by 'zealots' you mean the GNU
people, which seemed pretty clear given the context)

Even if this was true, it would be entirely irrelevant to the
discussion at hand, which is about changing the Social Contract, and
the consequences of that change.

There is no need for name-calling and insertions of one's opinions
about other groups of people into this discussion.