Re: /tmp (as a RAM disk?) in a small root partition

Radovan Garabik wrote:

> you can link it to /proc/mounts, with no negative consequences I know of
> (except df and mount will produce uglier output)

Not true. There are cases where it breaks. The one I deal
with is loopback mount. mount uses mtab to store the link
between the filename and the /dev/loop* device. If you
link the two umount can no longer automatically free the
loop device.

I think it also fails under RAID, but I'm not sure about
that...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/