Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

Drake Diedrich wrote:
>    The following log is fairly clear evidence I believe that the same people
> attempting to ban debian developers from supporting non-free using the
> Debian infrastructure also believe that the very definition of non-free
> should be revised.  The proposal to ban non-free from Debian servers created
> a sensation of a slippery slope in many people.  This log appears to justify
> that sensation.  In any event, it's pretty clear that there was an agenda.

It is not clear evidence of anything to me.  If anything, you demonstrate
that there was *no* agenda, else there would have been better coordination.

Also, I fail to see why you characterize what was being discussed as
justifying a "sensation of a slippery slope", when you give absolutely no
information concerning what the hypothetical amendments were.  I assume (and
candidly admit to the assumption) that you don't know.  Neither do I.  I,
however, reserve judgement till I have information.

To quote your own words: "Please support or withdraw this claim."

> <Overfiend> CR: BTW, your proposal was very lousily timed, IMO.
> <CosmicRay> Overfiend: oh?
> <Overfiend> CR: it probably completely derails any chances of the planned 6
> +amendments to the DFSG that I told you about.  :(
> <CosmicRay> those are probably more important
>

> CosmicRay == John Goerzen, the proponent of the General Resolution
> Overfiend == Branden Robinson, one of the 5 sponsors

One of the 5?  There are more than 5.  Please keep abreast of the situation
that so concerns you.

>    Complete log available on debian-private or on request.
>
> To Goerzen and Robinson - who is next?
What the hell is that supposed to mean??