Re: Device detection? [Summary]

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Randolph Chung wrote

> that's a good idea too -- one thing though. Debian has a certain tendency to
> make things so configurable that it becomes confusing/difficult for a
> newcomer. it's good for things to be configurable but there must be a
> balance so it doesn't become overwhelming.

I thought this problem was solved, a structured config file (with lots
of useful comments) and a specialized editor(s) to present the info in
whatever simplified format is deemed necessary.

Most really useful and interesting projects are interdisciplinary;
in this case: hardware, configuration, and installation.

- Bruce