Re: naive user

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 07:10:57PM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> A long while ago, I recompiled my /usr/sbin/tcpd so that it properly
> does IDENT lookups on all connections and I replaced my old
> /usr/sbin/tcpd with the newly compiled one.

What everyone else has been saying about dpkg, /usr/local, etc. is all
very good, but for this particular package there is another way. Its
configuration files are enough to tell it to do this.

For example, in /etc/hosts.{allow,deny}, you could write "ALL: ALL@ALL"
to force it to allow or deny all connections and log ident information.
Obviously if you want to use tcp wrappers' features for selective
blocking and such, you would need to add ALL@ to all host names in the
files, but you avoid having to build tcpd yourself.

> Thanks,
> Navin.

					Galen