Re: [IMPORTANT] Disaster Preperations!

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 08:41:14AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> b) it assumes that the 'Status' line will
> always follow the corresponding 'Package' line (true in practice but
> assumptions are bad).

You can remove this assumption by using my grep-dctrl program.
It outputs the fields in the order you specify on the command line.
So the interesting three-liner would become

grep-dctrl -sPackage,Status '' /var/lib/dpkg/status |
         sed -e 's/Package: //' -e 's/Status: //' -e 's/ ok .*//' |
         xargs -n 2 echo

(There's a bug in grep-dctrl that when '' is the search pattern, the
output includes a superfluous paragraph with empty field bodies.  I'll fix
it one of these days.  The bug seems not bother this script, though.)

                 "Fight them without becoming them."
           (J. Michael Straczynski: Babylon 5, 3rd Season)