Re: Spam harvesters and this list (was Disaster Preperations)

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 01:21:32PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> No, but some sources are harvested more readily than others.  I have gotten
> more spam that I can trace back to -user than I can from any other posting.

    Not to mention that the lists are gated to newsgroups where our
addresses aren't mangled.  I, for one, am upset about that because I am
getting UCE at my personal address (morpheus@rpglink.com) which is *NOT* on
a web page anywhere, is *NOT* in the newsgroups save for these lists, is
*NOT* given out to people who would post it where spammers could hit it.
The only UCE I get there are from the Debian lists themselves and, I
suspect, people who harvest from the Debian list newsgroups.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my