Re: POSIX standards

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 11:39:33 +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> OK, we seem to want to make sure our /bin/sh scripts are POSIX.2 compliant
> (policy 4.4), but can anyone out there tell me where I can find the
> details of POSIX.2?  Of course, I don't particularly want to pay hundreds
> of whatevers for all of the IEEE standards documents just to know whether
> a script is properly POSIX compliant!

You can get the UNIX98 spec for free; I only looked for API stuff in it so
far, but quite likely it specifies /bin/sh too.
	http://www.UNIX-systems.org/online.html

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go