Re: installation scripts?

Adam Heath spake thus:

> Already being worked on.  It is still in the prenatal stages, so I really
> don't want to say anything more about it.

I was thinking of something for the initial Debian install...not package
configuration scripts.  Something similar to InstallShield 4 Windows's
installation scripts.  I.e. a semi-language geared specifically to installation
related things, which dinstall would parse.

In this case I mean dinstall to be the initial installer an end user sees
when he boots off a Debian CD.

I think a lot of what you are working on could also be used in this.

-leon

--
. leon breedt  .................  developer, obsidian systems
. debian maintainer  ........................  ljb@debian.org

I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?