Re: Potato, sendmail, glibc 2.1, and libdb2

Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> I have prepared libdb2.6_2.6.4-2 with soname 2.6 instad of simply 2 .

You didn't change the source package name, though, so it can't
coexist with libdb2 in the archive.  Do you want it to coexist?

> I expect dinstall to reject them as they have lower version number

Indeed, it will do so tomorrow.  (It only rejects packages when they
are more than 24 hours old).

> (please, don't suggest to use epoch; it's not the case here).

Why not?  It's exactly what you need if you want to go back from libdb2
2.6 to libdb2 2.4.  If you don't want to use an epoch, you'll have to
think of some other solution.  Perhaps have libdb2 removed and recompile
everything with libdb2.6.

> Just waiting for Guy Maor to delete the broken ones on the ftp site.

I already closed that bugreport yesterday.  Did you get the notice of that?
It was sent to fab@nokia.com.  If you wish, you can reopen it and then
I won't touch it until Guy handles it.

Richard Braakman