Re: Let's CENSOR it! (was: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master)

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 11:25:43AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>

> > Mein Kampf is available in British bookshops (for example).  So why not in
> > Debian.  It's a work of historical interest.
> >
> > The *only* reason I can think of not to include these things is bloat -
> > and that should be addressed a different way.
>
> Debian is an OPERATING SYSTEM, NOT a bookstore!
>
> C'mon!
>
> things like bible-kjv and fortunes are actually software.  This is
> not.

Well, the html and css specification is also not software. (You can argue it
is software related, I agree). gnu miscfiles contains a lot of non-software stuff.

It is tempting to draw a line, but I have yet to see someone standing up and
writing a good definition everyone (or the majority) agrees with.

Thanks,
Marcus