Re: Nasty gnus bug?

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <salve@debian.org> writes:

> I guess you had your home directory as the mail directory.  But, even
> then, you should have told Gnus to expire mail immediately, as it
> usually don't expire mail (*) newer than a week.

He also would have had to mark messages as expirable in the first
place.  Speaking from a few month's experience of using gnus as a news
and mail reader, I don't think that expiry is to blame here.

Perhaps the original poster should try asking around on
gnu.emacs.gnus?  The upstream author of the software answers nearly
every question posted there.

> It has never happened to me (I'm crossing fingers :-).

I've got every confidence in Gnus as a reliable and stable program.
ie, I don't *think* it can happen but I won't rule it out.  :)

Jason

[by the way:  Gnus's threading and automatic scoring of posts to my
debian mail "newsgroup" makes it a simple matter to read -private,
-devel, and -mentors all in one sitting.  Someone look for a way to
deal with the volume might find it useful.]

--
``And those same things that would have repelled most ____
others, they were the very magnets that thus drew me. \ _/__