RFC: Common window manager key sequences

I received a bug report about FVWM which suggested that we consider
implementing the common key sequence proposal posted to
comp.os.linux.announce a couple of months ago.  (Message included
below.)  I asked the authors what became of it, and their answer was:
essentially nothing, but maybe Debian wants to consider a coherent
system.  I am personally not particularly interested in implementing
such a system for two reasons, one major and one minor: the major one
is that people tend to stick to their favourite WM, so consistency is
hardly an issue, and the minor one is that people's keyboards probably
differ sufficiently, making this a sufficiently personal issue, that
the standardisation effort is not really likely.

But if anyone really disagrees with me and convinces me that it's
worth doing, then let's work on it.

   Julian

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  jdg@debian.org
       -*- Finger jdg@master.debian.org for my PGP public key. -*-

(1) The proposal (with minor grammatical corrections)