RE: more aesthetic /etc/issue

> please note that this is a false sense of security.
>
> There are better and more reliable ways to reckognize the
> type of a machine,
> and there are programs which do it automatically. So the only
> people who
> puts off an issue.net message are lamers who probably are not
> a big deal
> anyway. Professionals use better ways to detect not only
> system type, but
> detailed information about your services, too.
>
> Never rely on false sense of security. Better keep an eye
> open, your machine
> up to date, and always close all services you don't need or use.

These are excellent points, which reminds me of a project I have long
thought would be worthwhile -- integrating OpenBSD's patches to various
system services.  OpenBSD has a reputation for being the most secure *nix
distribution around, and it might be worthwhile for our own packages to
integrate these changes.

-Brent