IBM 390

The company I am working for has an ES9000 9121 Model 742 running the
390 instruction set comming off of lease 4th quarter of this year. The
buyout is around $1.00 so my boss just asked me if Linux runs on the
machine. OS390 is very expensive, so we probably won't be able to
justify running it on the box after 3rd or 4th quarter this year.

I have 2 questions. Is there or is there going to be a Debian port that
will run on this archetecture??

Assuming that the answer to that question is no, is there anyone out
there willing to help port Debian to it???