Re: Mostly free software...

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 07:59:50PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> David Welton wrote:
> > http://lwn.net/1999/features/BitKeeper.phtml
>
> Such a license is certainly not "free enough" for me.  What if there
> is a bug in the regression test?  What if I need a feature that breaks
> compatibility with the regression test?

What if they, to reduce competition with the commercial version, modify
the tests suite to decrease performance?

This is exactly like the revocation license: the want you to work gratis
for them (as the Trolls did) and also want to keep the possibility to
close all when the development is complete.

We should fight loudly these "clever" guys.
They are worse than M$.

fab