Re: make anacron a base package

> I've never seen *any* Linux distribution that effectively addresses
> the issue of reducing power consumption.  There are many tasks -- some
> cannot be automated (for instance, you should put the '-' (nosync)
> option on syslog lines to prevent the continual disk spinning you
> currently see).  I'd like to see Debian address this.

This is a feature Debian promotes currently.  By NOT putting the lines, logs
are guaranteed to be there.  Now, not all lines need by that way, only the
important things like kernel and what not.

So, I think a bette rcourse of action is to have a laptop package as you
suggest which contains things like a document explaining how to tweak Debian
for better performance, as well as depend on various laptop useful packages.