Re: Clueless users are bad for debian (was Let's CENSOR it!)

bristel> It has been brought up time and time again that what we need
bristel> is to make Debian easy to install, easy to use, and easy to
bristel> configure for all levels of users.  Now, the installation
bristel> issue is being addressed by the apt group.

I resent this.  I evaluated Debian usability and found the biggest
problems for new users, as well as new maintainers, was documentation.
I personally must have put at least 120 hours into the project of
improving the Installation documentation.  Apt is great, and has
helped a lot -- I think a GUI version, like gnome-apt, is really going
to do a lot as well.

But if you want a direct, straight forward way to help, read the
documentation, critique it, and send diffs to the maintainers.  Join
<debian-doc@lists.debian.org>.  Share the knowledge.