Re: Intent to package: nfsroot

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.990327181612.7012A-100000@exocet.via.ecp.fr> you write:

>Hi,
>There is an orphaned package called nfsroot-0.5.1 in
>ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/project/orphaned/
>
>I could tweak it to run with newer releases (glibc, kernel 2.2.x) of
>Debian.
>I am proposing to take the maintenance of this package.

FYI: I have been creating a package, diskless, that IMHO is of better
design then nfsroot (ie more flexible configuration). You may want to
look at it; as my debian developers application has been submitted but
not yet processed, I cannot make it officially available (yet), but you
can download the non-official version from:

http://snoopy.apana.org.au/~ftp/linux/

Version 0.1.4 is now available. It has several bugs fixes over previous
versions. I have not tested it on potato, so if anyone does so, please
let me know what happens...