Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

Hi,

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Allan M. Wind wrote:

> Let people vote with their feets by creating:
>
> 	debian-devel-protected	; rw for debian insiders, ro for others

If this can be made so that subscribers to debian-devel are sent the
submissions to debian-devel _and_ debian-devel-protected, but subscribers
to debian-devel-protected get only submissions sent to (and accepted by)
the latter list, then that would:

 - relieve those developers who don't like to see any of the non-developer
   postings to debian-devel (they just need to change their subscription;)

 - not unnecessarily increase the effective amount of lists distributing
   information about matters Debian (you need to subscribe to only one;)

 - not force an (IMHO) unnecessary and unwanted separation between the
   developer and user community (need i say "committee" here?)

Cheers,

Joost