apt weirdness?

hey, what's the deal with apt? since the upgrade to 0.3.3 it doesn't
seem to clean the /var/cache/apt/archives directory. if i wanted a
mirror of the debian distribution i would have done it myself. i can
imagine uses for this kind of behaviour (like just downloading the
diff's when a new version of a package comes along) but i have a very
good connection to the outside world so i don't need this (but i need
the disk space). how can i make apt revert to the old behaviour? i am
using apt as a method in dselect, if that makes any difference.
thanks.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |