Re: Uses of .forward/procmailrc on master/va

Master, I'd say. That's where mail to user@debian.org is handled AFAIK.

> 2- I currently have a simple .procmailrc who triggered some e-mail
>    to some other destinations, depending on the priority. What's the
>    best (less CPU usage) way make a default forward? Is :
>         :0
>         * ^.*
>         !fabien@t.tzone.org
>    does the work or can I remove the trigger line ('* ^.*')? [Sorry,
>    I could test it, but I'm a bit lazy and I'm never sure of the result.]

I think you can remove it. OTOH, using procmail for just this is a bit
overkill.

> 3- Finally, after trying it locally, I have set one on va. However, mails
>   are send back with this heading:
>
>   fabien@va.debian.org:
>     generated |IFS=' ' && p=/usr/bin/procmail && test -f $p && exec $p -Yf-
> || exit 75 #fabien:
>     "IFS='" command not found for address_pipe transport
>
> This work well on a slink/smail system I have, why not on va? Exim needs
> something different? What?

exim.conf misses "use_shell = true" in the shell_pipe transport.
So, commands are executed directly, and not via the shell. As you're
piping to IFS=', it tries to execute that.

Change your forward to:

	|/usr/bin/procmail -Yf-

or look into using exim's filter rules.

Paul Slootman