Re: Tentative Proposal: Regarding experimental use

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 04:15:42PM -0400, Franklin Belew wrote:
> This is a proposal to reduce the number of bugs on the main archive and
> to allow for a cleaner transition on package maintainership and version
> control.

[ snip - reasons why experimental should be used. ]

> This tentative proposal will be dropped completely if a package pool proposal
> is made with an implementation and documentation.

There are (at least) two implementations of package pools:

1. Anthony Towns' at <URL: http://auric.debian.org/~ajt/>

2. Drake Diedrich's at <URL: http://master.debian.org/~dld/pool/>

I don't know when either of these might be implemented but I suspect
it would be after potato is released.

Cheers,
Anand