Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free [x-post from -devel]

grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) writes:

> > It means that if you are running unstable, you should know how to deal
> > with instability.  Don't run unstable otherwise.
> But I will. I just doubt anyone with less motivation than most of us here
> have to use Debian, will make the effort to package anything for himself.
> They'll just switch to some other distro.

Why can't they just spend 5 seconds to edit sources.list?

> > Or they could still ask for help on debian-user, as they can now.  OR
> > the maintainer.  Or whatever other non-free infrastructure people may
> > assemble.
> Oh, no. You are contradicting yourself *again*. Answering questions on
> debian-devel is *supporting the software* (unless my English is so weak that
> I fail to understand the meaning of this word) - and your GR moves NOT to
> support the software. Got any (reasonable) answer to that?

The GR makes only one mention of the word "support": "We will support
users of our system who develop or run non-free software."  That is,
we will let them post on debian-user.

Aside from that, there is no clause that in any way contradicts it or
removes the right of users to discuss using non-free software on
Debian on Debian lists.

I fail to see any contradiction.