Re: Some more reality..

On 15-Jun-00, 23:06 (CDT), John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org> writes:
> > On 13-Jun-00, 01:57 (CDT), John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> > non-free systems), I do not see what is "unforgivable" about opposing
> > a resolution that asks our users to do something I personally have not
> > yet been able to do ( e.g. give up netscape, acroread, and the java
> > jdk.) (FWIW, I don't hold that being in favor of the resolution while
>
> Nor do I.  Fortunately for all of us, my proposal does not ask our
> users to do that.

Ok, I guess I just don't get it. John, from what you have written,
this is what I understand about your proposal and the messages you've
written:

1. You don't think it's going to make it any harder for our users to
find and install non-free software.

2. You don't think it's going to make it any harder for our developers
(who voluntarily choose to do so) to build, distribute, and support
non-free software.

3. You're not asking our users to give up non-free software whose
functionality they feel is not yet replaced by free software.

Then what is the point? Ideological purity?

Steve