Re: pgp and gpg

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 10:59:12PM +0200, David N. Welton wrote:
> So, I have a pgp key. I have a gpg key on a different machine. The pgp
> key is the one I use with Debian. I want to start using the gpg key
> with Debian.
>
> /usr/doc/debian-keyring/README.gz has this:
>
> o Sign your GPG key with your PGP key:
>         gpg --load-extension rsa --load-extension idea \
>             --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp \
>             --default-key 'Your PGP ID' --sign-key 'Your GPG ID'
>
> But that only seems to work if it's on the same machine.  Any ideas?

Well, to use the key with Debian you don't really need to sign it - you
need to sign a message containing it, which you can certainly do in
that case.

To sign the key, I would recommend just installing gpg on the machine
with your pgp key.  Then, copy your public key over, import it, sign
it, export it.

Dan