Debian Security Advisory
DLA-3487-1 fusiondirectory -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 08 Jul 2023
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- In Mitre's CVE dictionary: CVE-2022-36179, CVE-2022-36180.
- More information:
Additionally, fusiondirectory has been updated to address the API change in php-cas due to CVE-2022-39369. see DLA 3485-1Add for details.
Due to this, if CAS authentication is used, fusiondirectory will stop working until those steps are done:
- make sure to install the updated fusiondirectory-schema package for buster.
- update the fusiondirectory core schema in LDAP by running fusiondirectory-insert-schema -m
- switch to using the new php-cas API by running fusiondirectory-setup --set-config-CasLibraryBool=TRUE
- set the CAS ClientServiceName to the base URL of the fusiondirectory installation, for example: fusiondirectory-setup --set-config-CasClientServiceName="https://fusiondirectory.example.org/"
For Debian 10 buster, these problems have been fixed in version 1.2.3-4+deb10u2.
We recommend that you upgrade your fusiondirectory packages.
For the detailed security status of fusiondirectory please refer to its security tracker page at: https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/fusiondirectory
Further information about Debian LTS security advisories, how to apply these updates to your system and frequently asked questions can be found at: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS