Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Prices?

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 04:29:14PM +0000, Solveig wrote:
> I read
> https://lkuper.github.io/blog/2014/05/31/your-next-conference-should-have-real-time-captioning/
> yesterday, and there is a conference for which I'd be interested:
> Debconf, in Portland, August 23-31 [1]. It's a conference about Debian,
> a GNU/Linux operating system.

> [1] http://debconf14.debconf.org/

> So I sent an email to the organizers,

Erm, not according to my mailbox you didn't?  The organizers are at
debconf-team@, not debconf-discuss@ :)

> and they say it depends on the prices.

The only response I saw to your mail to debconf-discuss was p2mate saying
"yes, if you pay for it", which is not at all the same thing as the DebConf
team saying that DebConf will pay for it depending on the price.

I have no objection to you looking into this possibility, I just want to be
clear that there's nothing in the approved DebConf14 budget for this, and
unless it can be done very cheaply, it seems unlikely to me that we would
be able to add it in at this late stage of planning.