Re: [Debconf-team] IP ACL for DebConf

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 11:00:37AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> There has been some discussion about offering some extra RTC / VoIP
> services to the DebConf IP network.  Is there a specific subnet we
> can/should use as an ACL, covering the conference facilities, wifi,
> accommodation, etc?

Because we are not running separate network infrastructure, DebConf14 shares
the IP pool with all the rest of the university.  I currently have a public
IP in the 131.252.0.0/16 netblock, and I know that I've seen IPs in other
/24s than the one I have so just telling you my IP wouldn't help.  Are you
ok just referencing the full /16 for the duration of the conference, or do
you need us to get information about the guest network DHCP pools (with the
understanding that other people besides DebConf attendees have access to
these networks)?