Re: [Debconf-team] General schedule proposal for dc15

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 06:51:02PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Steve Langasek dijo [Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 12:47:43PM -0700]:
> > > Interesting suggestion, which leaves only the aspect that these
> > > sessions could also serve to provide an incentive for people to show
> > > up and pay courtesy to the first speaker of the day.

> > There's also the aspect that morning is the optimal time to communicate
> > new information that's come to light overnight.  You can't use an after
> > lunch slot to communicate information to attendees that's relevant to the
> > morning sessions.

> ...We could also explicitly expect everybody to look at
> http://debconfXX.debconf.org/announcements.html at least once a day
> (or to follow a RSS feed). I don't think requiring people to sit at a
> daily announcements session is needed.

There is no such requirement; but in practice it's always difficult to
effectively communicate timely information out to everyone at the
conference, because people /don't/ necessarily check the on-line
communication channels on a regular basis while at DebConf.  The whole
reason for proposing the daily announcement session is because of the
difficulty we've experienced disseminating information effectively.  Giving
attendees another way to get their information - in addition to the mailing
lists, which we ought to continue using in parallel - seems to me like all
win.