Re: [Debconf-team] volunteering for the debconf by non-locals - queries.

Hi shirish

Thank you for your interest in DebConf16.

If there are members who contacted you from the three team groupings
you mentioned, this would take priority. The video team always needs
help, but this is more during the event itself.

We have also made the volunteers procedure an agenda item for our
meeting tonight on IRC, which you are also welcome to join, to improve
how we interact with potential volunteers [1].

I am involved with the Open Weekend [2], and could use help in two areas:
1. Information Art Exhibition - using Debian to make art, in any way
(posters, graphics, knitting, 3D printing, anything!)
2. The ShowMeBox initiative [3]
These are still rather open-ended and could use input from people with
experience mixing Debian work and play.

Generally, we can always use marketing, tell EVERYONE! :D
Our brochure: http://media.debconf.org/dc16/fundraising/debconf16_sponsorship_brochure.pdf
Our flyer: http://media.debconf.org/dc16/fundraising/debconf16_sponsorship_flyer.pdf

Let me know if any of these interest you and if you'd like more info.

best regards
Bernelle (indiebio)

[1] - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
[2] - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DebianDay