Re: cdtool and cdcd don't play last track

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 03:21:42AM +0000, Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A while back I asked the group about recommendations for
> CD player software for Linux on my Amiga.  I just want
> to be able to get the disk to play so I can listen out
> the headphone port on the CD ROM drive.
>
> cdtool and cdcd were recommended and I installed both.
>
> With both of these programs, I cannot seem to get them
> to just start playing a CD from the beginning and play
> it until the end.  What I have found with cdtool is:
>
> cdplay start does not work as expected.  I can see the cd-rom being
>    accessed, but playing does not start.
> cdplay info  works and gives status
> cdplay dir   works and gives a listing of the tracks on the disc.
> cdplay #     does not play a track as expected from the man page.
> cdplay shuffle  does play the disc, but must be run in the background.
>
> The cdcd program gives similar response.
>
> I have also found the with both cdtool and cdcd, if I specify
> the start and end tracks the disc will play.  Interesting
> problem is that neither will allow me to specify the final
> track on the CD to play.  If a CD has 10 audio tracks 1-10,
> and maybe some extra data tracks, it will only allow me to
> play x-9.

I found this too pm powerpc. It would be nice if the cdplay command
figured out how many tracks there were, and then played them as the
default without having to specify them. And the data tracks really
throw it off. This is the script I use to have cdda2wav find the
tracks itself, I think you could substitute cdplay somehow:

#!/bin/sh
cdda2wav -C little -t 1+`cdir | tail -1 | sed 's/^..[^ ]* *//'` -D /dev/cdrom -N -e -d0 -I cooked_ioctl -q &

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman
- Linux Rox -