Re: developer account on m68k linux system

Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

Thank you very much, but I figured out that running the testsuite
will take *days* on a fast 060 machine... Probably twice as much
on a 040.

Well, yes, you have much time for other hobbies when doing some m68k porting
stuff.... 8-))

:-)))

In the mean time, John Klos has kindly offered an account
on his NetBSD box.  If GCC bootstraps correctly, I'll be
able to carry over my work there.
The host OS shouldn't matter for regression testing of
code generation bugs.

Maybe not the host OS, but the used processors can be differing in some ways
as well. You should nevertheless run your testsuite as well on a 060 as on a
040. We already had some very strange bugs in the past... :)

I plan to run the testsuite with -m68000 to -m68060.  This should
catch any code generation bugs that depend on the specific CPU.

Bugs where the compiler is emitting instructions not valid
for a specific cpu should also be catched by as, so I don't
need to test on different hardware.

Automated regression testing for ColdFire will unfortunately
remain impossible: code generated with -m5200 will generally
not run on a 680x0.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/