Re: Compiling kernel 2.4.20 on m68k

Hello,

Now that I am up and compiling my own kernel, I have observed something
interesting and was wondering if anyone here had seen it before.

It seems that the configuration item CONFIG_ISA is required to compile
the kernel for the Amiga (I have not tried the other sub archs).  If
that item is not set, the kernel compile will get all the way to the
link with the outp_b(), inb() and inb_p() not defined as described in
the quoted email message.

It seems that the only way to get CONFIG_ISA set is to bring in the
A1200 PCMCIA support.  I tried to delete this support, as my A2000 does
not have a PCMCIA, so I thought I could delete support and save RAM.  It
seems that outp_b(), inb() and inb_p() are defined in
include/asm-m68k/io.h but only if a specific set of configuration
options are set up, which includes CONFIG_ISA.

Interestingly, when I run 'make config' I do not get a prompt for the
CONFIG_ISA.

Is this correct behavior, or am I missing something.  This is with the
2.4.20 kernel file set and the m68k patches.

Thanks,

--Lance