getting espeakup working with LVM encryption on boot using cryptsetup

Hi, I used the option during the debian installation to do full encryption and the encryption unlocking is done I think in the initial ramdisk image and the speakup_soft module does exist in there but I do not get any speech prompting me for the pass phrase and so have to guess as to when exactly to enter it so was wondering why speech if I mainly use the console could not be loaded as soon as the system boots so as to allow speech to be started to prompt you for the pass phrase?  After the system fully boots up I do have full speech it is that I want it as early in the boot process as possible so how do I set this up?  Nick Gawronski