Re: OpenAI Whisper in Debian?

M. Zhou]
> You may as long as you wish.

So I am on my own here.

> The model weights are released under the MIT license. I quickly
> went through the paper and these models involve non-free data
> licenses such as CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0. According to ML-policy, it
> is not suggested to upload these blobs. Many similar software
> has written the code for automatically downloading them. I think
> the same has done for whisper.

Aha.  I do yet know the size of the model, but expect it to be large.
Might not be suited for the Debian archives.

> Meanwhile, it also requires openai/triton as one of the python
> dependencies. It is my potential ITP because pytorch 2.0 depends on
> it. If you wish to go ahead with triton, I would like to join the
> maintainace to make sure it does not break the pytorch build, nor
> crash pytorch reverse dependnecies in the future.

Oh, I hat not noticed.  I only looked at requirements.txt, and from this
list only tiktoker and ffmpeg-python was missing.  I got the package
building for tiktoker limping along with a draft, see
ffmpeg-python next.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen