Re: NFS curiosity --- can't restrict access properly

In fact I can properly restrict other services (e.g. allow only sshd between a
couple of hosts), but nfs doesn't work.  I'ved tried replacing "ALL" with
"sshd,rpc.mountd,mountd:" without success.

I should add that in my earlier note "friendly.host" stands for a
fully-qualified host name.

So, in hosts.allow:

ALL:    fully.qualified.host.hame

... and in hosts.deny:

ALL:    ALL

... *stops* all nfs mount attempts from fully.qualified.host.name, but allows
an ssh connection.  Weird.

E-Mail: dannyhp@pop.web.net